cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble sending and receiving txts

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having a few problems sending txts.

They don't send straight away. They appear with an envelope and timer in the top right hand corner of the screen.

Also not able to receive txts, I'm receiving them nearly half a day or a whole day later after someone has txt me.

My inbox is not full and I have plenty of credit even tho I'm on pay as you go.

Signal is 2 out of 5 bars.

Phone becomes hot on the back a lot and battery doesn't last long so not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Hopeing some one can help!? 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

could be the phone mentioned in this thread http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Message-sign-with-Exclamation-mark/m-p/866824

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 11 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good find @adamtemp64 The OP also seemed to be having problems with texts in that thread 6 months ago....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry for late reply.

My phone is an HTC Desire 510.

Not sure why it is over heating but feel this may have somthing to do with it.

Battery doesnt last long so when i can i have to keep phone on recharge all the time.

Did have a problem before but that sorted itself out, this has been ongoing for nearly 4 days now.

Taking nearly 24 hours to receive txts if not longer.

They are queued when sending them re problem about 6 months ago.

Thanks.

Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have ordered a new battery to see if that works. 

Message 14 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I've skimmed through the thread so I'm not sure if you've tried a factory reset?

Message 15 of 18

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Have you tried another messaging app. Is there any apps you have downloaded that coincide with the issue? I'm doubting it's the battery to be honest.

Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have the facebook / messenger app, that works ok but dont get notifications when msgs are received.

Message 17 of 18

MI5
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You really do need to take a full back up of your personal data and factory reset the phone.
The battery won't be causing the overheating, it is the over heating that is killing the battery.
The phone is overheating because an app or process is keeping the phone awake constantly so this conflict needs to be cleared first or you will get no where with any other problems.
The excessive heat may also have damaged the sim card so it would be wise to get a sim swap done in an o2 shop after you have done the factory reset.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 18