Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transferring numbers

Holz97
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I currently have an EE sim and have just bought an o2 sim and would like to keep my number. I have completed the form and used the pac code etc but didn’t see if anything needed doing further or how long it would take to transfer. Please help
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Holz97

Info from O2

Before we can transfer your number, we'll need your PAC. This is a code made up of three letters and six numbers. You can get this from your current provider and it will be valid for 30 days. Let us know your PAC when you place your order.

Once you've ordered and received your temporary O2 number, fill in the keep my number form. Your temporary number can be found in your O2 confirmation email or sim pack. You'll also need the number you want to keep.

Forms sent by 5:30pm will be completed the next working day. Forms sent after 5:30pm will be completed within two working days. You'll receive two text messages, one to confirm the date of your switch and one to remind you on the day.

Make sure you save the contacts on your sim before the switch.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Hope this helps. If you have any further problems then give customer services a call https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Holz97

Info from O2

Before we can transfer your number, we'll need your PAC. This is a code made up of three letters and six numbers. You can get this from your current provider and it will be valid for 30 days. Let us know your PAC when you place your order.

Once you've ordered and received your temporary O2 number, fill in the keep my number form. Your temporary number can be found in your O2 confirmation email or sim pack. You'll also need the number you want to keep.

Forms sent by 5:30pm will be completed the next working day. Forms sent after 5:30pm will be completed within two working days. You'll receive two text messages, one to confirm the date of your switch and one to remind you on the day.

Make sure you save the contacts on your sim before the switch.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Hope this helps. If you have any further problems then give customer services a call https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hey @Holz97, and welcome to the forum Wave

@Cleoriff shared a lot of very useful info around this process above, but if anything is still unclear, or if you have more questions please do let us know!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you submitted the request today it won’t be picked up by o2 until Monday then it’s 2 days to transfer, so it will happen on Wednesday.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4