cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transferring numbers between o2 phones?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a pay monthly phone on o2 at the minute and I've ordered a HTC One on contract with o2 as well. How would I go about transferring my old number to my new phone, and if I do that, will the number on my new phone be transferred to my old phone? I'm planning on giving my old phone to my dad (He's still got one of those old Nokias from a decade ago XP)

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Once you move a number that account closes and you will get a bill for the remainder of the contract. The best way is to use your current contract on the new phone and get your dad onto a simplicity sim.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

The contract on my old phone (LG Viewty) finished last March, so I'll just have to pay for this month. I've already ordered my new phone and I'm happy with the contract, I just want to keep my number. I can get my dad a PAYG sim.

I know how to transfer a number from another carrier to o2 (using the PAC code) but I just need to know how to do it within o2.

Thanks

Message 3 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If the sim card you are using in your old phone is the same size that you will need in your new phone you need to do nothing. You can use your old sim in your new phone. If the size of sim is different, you can swap your details onto a new sized sim.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Did you start a fresh contract or do an upgrade?

If you have done a new contract and are closing the old one you need to transfer the o2 number before the contract ends to a payg o2 sim and then move it to the new contract sim once it has moved. keep my number page explains the processes http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

If as an upgrade then use the swap mysim if different size or just put the old sim in.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 6 of 7

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi MFarr,

Was this advice helpful?

Some great advice here guys, well done.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 7 of 7