Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transferring number from giff gaff

mrsmartin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
i got my hubby a new phone on pay monthly - he was on pay as you go with giff gaff (he lost his phone with giff gaff sim in it) Got a PAC CODE and filled in an online form and waited and waited for a text to say we had swapped. im still waiting. hubby is self employed and losing work due to his number not being reachable. i cannot find any way to check if the number has swapped or even if O2 has received/processed the request to tranfer the number. i understand why everywhere is closed but how am i supposed to sort this. theres no guidance anywhere! any suggestions? thanks in advance
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@mrsmartin 

All numbers to contact O2 on here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22907 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3658 Solutions

@mrsmartin Did you report the phone and sim as lost to GiffGaff?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@mrsmartin 

All numbers to contact O2 on here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 5

mrsmartin
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I rang the suggested numbers this morning and got through no problem. There was an issue so the guy asked me to put him on hold until I found the message I was looking for and said if he got cut off he would ring me straight back. He didn’t. And hasn’t yet. Now when I call back I go through all the rigmarole of typing in numbers etc then it cuts me off. I’m furious. I need this sorted. O2 were quick enough to take my upfront money and sign me up for the next three years but can’t even call me back when they say they are going to to sort my issue. I’m beyond furious!! Any suggestions now? Thanks in advance
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

Unfortunately, you'll just need to keep trying @mrsmartin 

O2 are cutting off more and more numbers making it very difficult for customers.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5