cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer my number over to a new sim, from my soon to be ex wifes contract to my own.

stuart53
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i am having issues with trying to transfer my number over to my new contract Sim, my soon to be ex wife is not been cooperative, my phone number is under her contract / account. I have my own contact account now and want to use the same phone number that I have always had, but she will not play ball and contact O2 to obtain a transfer of ownership password, O2 will not help as they need her memorable name to do this, which I do not have and she will not tell me what it is. O2 has tried to ring her but she is not responding to the calls. I have messaged again and again. other than now having to change all my contacts with the new number which would take a long time to do.  what do i do ?  I want to keep my number that I have had and used for over 15 years.  its just childish and O2 do not seem to be helping. I am getting quite Stressed now. its my phone, my number but on her account. O2 please help sort this out. its not even a matter of ending a contact early as O2 has agreed to waver this as the contact is nearly done with. i am paying for a phone that is not much good as everyone has my old number.     

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@stuart53 This is not O2. This is a customer community with no access to anyone's account.

If the account and phone number are in your wife's name, she is the only one who can transfer the number to you. There is nothing O2 can do to force her to give the number up. Sorry to say, but you're just going to have to get her to cooperate.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

b4u2
Level 8: Talented
  • 368 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 5 Solutions

@stuart53 

Tell her she can text PAC to 65075 then you can get it.

Message 3 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@stuart53 

It's going to be a faff without her direct cooperation but it is doable.

You need to obtain a PAYG sim from another network, personally I'd go with Vodafone.

Then, you need to text for the PAC (as you have the phone) and give the PAC to Vodafone to apply to the new sim you have.

Then once it's transferred the number, text for the PAC again, this time from Vodafone and give it to O2 to put back on your O2 sim card.

Assuming the new contract with O2 is now in your name, you will have complete control over your account and number.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 7

stuart53
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi do I text pac on old sim or the new one thanks 

Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@stuart53 

From the sim that has the number on you want to keep, so I guess in your case it will be the old one.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Phone97
  • 11 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I’m sorry to hear that you and your soon to be ex wife have fell out and now your soon to be ex wife is not cooperating with doing the transfer of ownership with you.

To do an transfer of ownership you either both need to be present at the same time on the same phone call to do the transfer of ownership or the account holder who has the number that you want to keep on your new account needs to call O2 customer services to set up an transfer of ownership password and then they need to give you their O2 security password so you access the account without them being present with you. Now if they don’t want to give you their security password. There is nothing absolutely nothing O2 can do to assist you because that’s a civil matter between you and your soon to be ex wife. Now due to very very security processes the staff needs the security password to access the account so if the account holder doesn’t want to give you their security password to access the account you wouldn’t be able to do the transfer of ownership at all. I’m sorry about that security is so so important and staff can’t override the security measures. 

Message 7 of 7