Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

transfer balance from one O2 sim to another?

I'm about to buy a new phone. I'm going for one of the cheapest I can get, because I rarely use my phone. I am currently on O2 pay as you go, text & web. I might get my phone from a chain shop (carphone warehouse, phones4u, that type of place) because although the cost works out about the same as getting it from an O2 shop/online, £10 of that is top-up. However, when I went and asked last week, I was told that you need to get a new sim, and the credit has to be put on that. However, I want to keep my old number. Can I either (a) transfer the £10 credit I get with the new phone to my old sim, or (b) use up the credit remaining on my current sim and then get my number transferred to the new sim I will get with my phone. Or should I be cheeky and go to the O2 shop, explain the situation and see if they will chuck in £10 credit if I get the asme phone from them?!
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Re: transfer balance from one O2 sim to another?

Go and buy a phone, use the £10 credit, then as long as your old sim is still active you can transfer the number, or just put your old sim in the new phone and away you go.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Anonymous

If you buy from Carphone Warehouse or an O2 shop, you don't need to buy the extra top-up. Just tell them you are an existing customer. They will check your details and you might even be eligible for money off the phone.
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

I didn't know you could do that, useful info thanks prking! Smiley Very Happy
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1