cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

top up

Anonymous
Not applicable

I topped up with O2 and ended up with a big bundle which i dont need and dont want,I went to the O2 shop the next time,told them i did not want a big bundle,as the phone i was topping up i just used for playing games on,but lo and behold when the top up came through it was yet again a big bundle,it costs a tenner a time and is only active for a month,i can get a years play out of that,any solutions

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You need to change tariff to big talker.

If you're an existing Pay & Go customer, either

Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks jonsie but I just want a straight forward bog standard top up to play games with not to use for phoning people I have another phone for that x
Message 3 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

O2 used to do a basic tariff but not sure it's still available. Look at Giffgaff or tesco. They both run on the O2 network and do offer cheap basic payg tariffs @Anonymous

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 16

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

With that tariff you keep your credit and only need to top up when your credit runs out.

You could also call and request the Basic tariff which is exactly what you need but you need to request it as it isn't advertised.

You might also want to look at giffgaff or Tesco, both run on O2 and both have better p&g options with tariffs exactly for credit only without allowances.

Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

wow thanks for the info much appreciated will do that x

Message 6 of 16

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
giffgaff would be your best choice.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 16

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

My thoughts too. O2 must have the worst pay and go tariffs of all the networks.

Message 8 of 16

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I guess they want everyone on payg to be with gg so that o2 can just deal with contracts.
It would make sense to move all payg to gg and be done with the poor value tariffs offered by o2 directly.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,

I topped up my phone today with £10.
I am currently on the £10 big bundle package and my previous bundle will run out tomorrow. Now I just checked my credit to make sure the £10 went on and its says that I have now £8.70?? I never went on anything within the time I top up and my data roaming etc is switched off. So I would like to know whats taking my money and for it to be but back on please.

Thank you
Message 10 of 16