Did you mean: 

text or FaceTime whilst in USA

Flossmac
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

just some advice please. My daughter is going to the USA for a holiday. She has an iPhone, what’s the best and cheapest way for us to stay in contact ? She’ll have WiFi at her accommodation so would it be free to FaceTime or WhatsApp rather than text or call ?

thanks 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If using wifi facetime and iMessages will be completely free, however, we would advise that she puts her phone into airplane mode and turns on wifi only to prevent any accidental data connection.
Whatsapp can also be used on wifi for free calls and texts also.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If using wifi facetime and iMessages will be completely free, however, we would advise that she puts her phone into airplane mode and turns on wifi only to prevent any accidental data connection.
Whatsapp can also be used on wifi for free calls and texts also.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

To be extra cautious if they charge her for WiFi & give her an allowance if dats then FaceTime will use that WiFi  data up quick as this happened when I stayed at a hotel in Australia where you paid for a 1GB allowance of WiFi 

Message 3 of 5

Flossmac
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many Thanks 

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You’re most welcome slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5