Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

text message allowance

hi recently my wife was abroad txting me and her friends from abroad and managed to use all her 4 for 1 allowance roaming text messages so i called up o2 to see if i could get a bolt on so she could get even more texts at the moment we get 800 mins 1600 text and 500 mb data the cs were helpful and upgraded us both to unlimited text but i would like to know how many roaming texts do we now get
800 mins unlimited uk text 500mb but doesnt say how many roaming will this 1600 a month as i cant find out anywhere ? thanks
Highlighted
Topics: 296
Kudos: 1,855
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

Re: text message allowance

you now get zero international texts if you have now got unlimited texts
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Topics: 575
Solutions: 3,920

Unlimited texts mean you lose the 4:1 texts from overseas and a media message will cost 25p each.
Highlighted
Anonymous

looks like your right even though it still says im on 1600 on my o2 it has changed please everyone be aware of this if o2 want to give you a free upgrade to unlimited anyone text and you get an 1000 text allowance pre 09 tariff !!
Highlighted
Anonymous

also shouldn't have i been informed that i would lose my 4:1 ratio for text messages by o2 customer services
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yes, you should be told about all the differences between your old tariff and the new one before the change was agreed to, so the agent slipped up. Sadly there's nothing you can do about it as o2 no longer have the old tariffs on their system so there is no going back. The option was kept open for several months after the new tariffs were introduced last February, but it has now gone as they reckon everyone must know by now.
Highlighted
Anonymous

It's bloody frustrating when O2 Customer Service cannot get a simple thing right...
Your new tariff comes with a new set of terms and conditions which you should have been made aware of when transferring your tariff...
In short, you already know about no longer having an allowance for SMS so that the 4:1 ratio no longer applies for roaming SMS allowance and MMS charges - but you also need to know that if you use your voicemail service (in the UK) it will now come out of your minutes. If you have run out of minutes it will cost 11p per minute.
Depending on where you are in your contract; you can donwgrade only once throughout when you have completed at least half of the contract term, whereas before you could do so after nine months.
You can move up at any time and back down again to your 'original' tariff and go no lower than one step down from the amount you are currently paying.
It's also worth pointing out that your upgrade date will remain the same and the new tariff will not affect that.

Hope that's helpful!
Smiley Wink
Highlighted
Anonymous

i know it's been a while but just letting you know still got my 4:1 ratio and my mms allowance on both numbers so unlimited uk text plus 1600 roaming/mms text per month great deal Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

I know what's happened there, you havent had your tariff changed. Be very aware of this for the future. On the old tariffs one of the extras available was an unlimited text bolt on. this is what you have been given as your old tariff set up allowed for it. Newer ones do not.
It works exactly like the unlimited text allowance incurrent tariffs, ie no 4 for 1 roaming or mms included, but with the added advantage that it leaves your original tariff text allowance in place. This means that whenever you send a text in the uk it comes off the bolt on, but whenever you text from abroad or send an mms it comes off the tariff ( but you'll get 400, not 1600)
This was obviously far too generous so O2 put a stop to it, you appear to have got one of the few remaining savvy advisors when you called and they did you a blinding favour Smiley Very Happy
If this is benefitting you stay on it forever Smiley Wink