Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

termination of contract

chrisleaving
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I rang and terminated my contract on 10 May. This was not followed through and I have been charged again. Termination has been put through today another call on 1 July. I cannot see how to get a refund. I am guessing that it will be charges for 30 days from today?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149487 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@chrisleaving 

You should only pay for days used. 30 day notice is not required if out of contract.

You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217.
The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 149487 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@chrisleaving 

You should only pay for days used. 30 day notice is not required if out of contract.

You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217.
The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 126034 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

If you used your PAC for another network @chrisleaving it would end your O2 contract immediately. You would be charged for any usage up to that time

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

chrisleaving
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Out of contract and rang to terminate on 10 May. This was not actioned by o2.

Message 4 of 6

chrisleaving
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I didn't take the number or anything.  Thank you for the answer

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 149487 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@chrisleaving 

Speak to payment management and request a refund, although be aware there is always a final bill due 30 days after leaving.

Good luck.

Message 6 of 6