cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

taffif increase and no refund for 5 days no network usage

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why without my approval has my tariff gone up?
And for 5 days in april I had no network coverage at all and I was told by your customer services that I would be reimbursed for this period but I haven't.
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Your tariff would have increased in line with the Retail Price Index. I would imagine that it wasn't by a great amount, and it was with your approval. It's all laid out in the Terms & Conditions which you agreed to when you took out the contract, but you have most likely never looked. Most people don't. 

As far as being reimbursed for your lack of coverage, you need to speak to Customer Service again. They are not obliged to reimburse you (which is also in the Terms & Conditions), but they may offer you a goodwill gesture.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

This is a customer to customer forum. You arent actually talking to O2

You need to contact customer services as we have no access to your account

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok thanks. Maybe a customer could help me with this question though. Is it true that as I started my contract after 23 january 2014 and im not happy about the price rise I can cancel my contract
Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok thanks. Maybe a customer could help me with this question though. Is it true that as I started my contract after 23 january 2014 and im not happy about the price rise I can cancel my contract

No you can't cancel until you pay off any outstanding balance in total. Any price rise will be related to the annual rpi (rate of inflation)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Your tariff would have increased in line with the Retail Price Index. I would imagine that it wasn't by a great amount, and it was with your approval. It's all laid out in the Terms & Conditions which you agreed to when you took out the contract, but you have most likely never looked. Most people don't. 

As far as being reimbursed for your lack of coverage, you need to speak to Customer Service again. They are not obliged to reimburse you (which is also in the Terms & Conditions), but they may offer you a goodwill gesture.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 8

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

An increase in April should have been pointed out to you when taking out a contract. Are you saying it wasn't? 

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It's all over the shop pages, in your My O2 and just about everywhere else you look - pretty hard to miss it !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
They would have explained that to you when you signed up, also in the terms & conditions & they were sending texts out about a month before it went up
Message 8 of 8