cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switching to 02

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

i just purchased an o2 sim and have called up t mobile (my previous provider) to get my pac code and 02 have told me that my phone number should be changed over in the next 48hours my question is that if i top up now on my current o2 sim with this random number and in the next few days when  o2 give me back my old number will i still have my credit.

thanks to anyone who can help.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I'd advise holding off until the port is complete. In theory it should be fine as its only the number that changes on the account but my friend had issues coming from orange to O2 PAYG. Took a week to get his credit back as they couldn't find the original account transaction
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
I'd advise holding off until the port is complete. In theory it should be fine as its only the number that changes on the account but my friend had issues coming from orange to O2 PAYG. Took a week to get his credit back as they couldn't find the original account transaction
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
I concur.

Their is much that can glitch so theirs no point trying to add to the mix.

Welcome to 02.
Message 3 of 4

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Your phone isn't locked to T-Mobile is it, if so get it unlocked before you move.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 4