Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switching sims

louisedlk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

have a current contract that doesnt run out until october but i have just ordered a new phone. id like to keep the same number, is this possible even tho the orginal contract is still running?

Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
To keep your original number you will have to cancel that account and move the number across - That will incur cancellation fees unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you ordered a new handset alone or a new contract?
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes just use the same SIM card or if the phone takes a different sized SIM card then Any O2 shop can do this swap for you.

Http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk or by using this link once yiu have the correct sim you can pick up from any O2 shop and your new phone.

Would you like some further knowledge on sim swapping ?
Message 3 of 14

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Have you ordered a new handset alone or a new contract?

This is the important question that needs answering before we can go any further with any advice.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 14

louisedlk
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

iv added a new contract on to my account

Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can only have one number per SIM card so yiu would have to pay the first up and move the number over to the new contract.
Message 6 of 14

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
To keep your original number you will have to cancel that account and move the number across - That will incur cancellation fees unfortunately.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 14

louisedlk
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

can u not just switch the 2 different numbers since they are both on my personal account?

Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whilst it is not the question you asked, as you are likely to incur fees to end the existing contract, you could sell the existing handset to a reputable recycling firm to reduce or if you are lucky recover the cost?
Message 9 of 14

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

@louisedlk wrote:

can u not just switch the 2 different numbers since they are both on my personal account?

No, unfortunately not, but you can use the sims in the opposing phones.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 14