Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Community Manager

Re: surname change

Hi @Anonymous! You can find info and the correct forms for changing the Name on your account here.

The text currently says it's for Business customers but the same forms can be used for personal accounts too. There is a piece of work going on to change the language on the forms to avoid confusion but you can use them all the same for now. wink Any problems or questions please ask! 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
iPhone 11 megathread! - Find out the latest info on the i Phone 11!
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Topics: 683

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Hi @Anonymous! You can find info and the correct forms for changing the Name on your account here.

The text currently says it's for Business customers but the same forms can be used for personal accounts too. There is a piece of work going on to change the language on the forms to avoid confusion but you can use them all the same for now. wink Any problems or questions please ask! 

@Martin-O2just to clarify.

You are saying that personal customers can use the business change of ownership form to show a new married name or one changed via deed poll? 

https://www.o2.co.uk/sites/default/files/2017-07/name-change-application.pdf

I know you are saying work is going on, will that include the additional information O2 require.... ie the documentation such as marriage certificate, deed poll certificate etc?

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 532
Solutions: 11,335

That's what the man says Smiley Wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)

@MI5 wrote:

Mmmmmm...well I will believe it when I see it...Happy Dance

*The Game Is On*

Topics: 547
Solutions: 3,426

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

You do know that any wording change can take up to a year.....? 😉

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

You do know that any wording change can take up to a year.....? 😉

That might pose a problem then....wink

*The Game Is On*

Community Manager

@Cleoriff yes that's correct. Regular customers can use the existing business form until it has been updated. We appreciate that it's a bit confusing and will get it updated ASAP. smiling

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Priority gig tickets calendar - Check out the latest tickets available on Priority!

signature

@Martin-O2 wrote:

@Cleoriff yes that's correct. Regular customers can use the existing business form until it has been updated. We appreciate that it's a bit confusing and will get it updated ASAP. smiling

Thanks for the clarification @Martin-O2 Apologies for being a little pedantic ...but I needed to know if that was the form to refer people to, then the changes would be made asap. Hint Hint  Smiley Very Happy

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted
Community Manager

No problem @Cleoriff It's best to double check first rather then scratching your head later! laughing

signature