Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stolen iphone

birdeleanor1998
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
i’m a very unhappy customer. my name is eleanor i am a customer with you, i got a 24 month contract with your provider in october 2017 and recently my iphone 7 plus got stolen so i went to o2 to ask for advice of what to do and they were very unhelpful in stating if i wanted a new hand set i would have to pay up the fee of my contract which is £450 remaining and even if i wanted to cancel the contract i’d still have to pay the fee also. i was told on the day of my contract agreement that i would get insurance covered of £6 which covers for any accidental damage but a member of staff informed me that it would
cover for theft and loss also which apparently isn’t the case since when i asked a member of staff after my phone got stolen they said it doesn’t cover for that which irritated me. as a part time student i cannot afford to splurge £500 to pay the fee of my phone contract and it is not my fault my device got stolen. i am very upset and stressed about this situation and i don’t understand why o2 say you can upgrade your phone with the same contract but cannot get a new phone with the current contract. i do not want to have to stress about having to pay a large amount of money to your company for a stolen phone which is not my responsibility and i didn’t ask for it to happen. my contract ends september 2019 and i would really appreciate it if someone could give me some assistance because i am struggling here.
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hi @birdeleanor1998 if you feel there is justification you should make an official complaint.

Use the Resolver option from here https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

birdeleanor1998
  • 11 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
eleanor bird 23/05/18
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Hi @birdeleanor1998 if you feel there is justification you should make an official complaint.

Use the Resolver option from here https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 8

birdeleanor1998
  • 11 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
thank you yes i have filed a complaint!
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That really is all we can advise you to do.
Good luck.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@birdeleanor1998did you report it stolen via this route shown here ....

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Lost-or-Stolen-O2-Device-How-to-Report-it/ba-p/1023988

Having said that, you did report it via the shop and as long as it was done promptly, they should not be giving you the advice they did.

Follow the advice given by @MI5 as long as you followed all the criteria enclosed in the link I posted.

It will show you what O2 should be doing if you report a lost and stolen phone.

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

birdeleanor1998
  • 11 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
i did report it as an email and i have already spoken to someone over the phone about this and they have given me no help
Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You need to pursue it through customer service or complaints.
We are all just customers like yourself.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8