cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

still no play with S6 deals.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got off the phone to CS on the "if your thinking of leaving us" option, and the lowest cost the [very nice - caroline i think she said her name was] assistant could offer was a £37.50 a month contract with 1GB of data and u/l texts and calls.

CPW do better - ok it's not refresh but it's still on o2 so i dont have to fart about moving my number - £100 upfront and £32.50 a month with u/l texts & call, 1GB data and a free wireless charging plate [which o2 are doing for half-price, ok it's only saving me £20 for that - but it's in my pocket]

Are there any must-have addons i'll need with an S6?

the best case?

what will i get pushed at me?

any advice greatfully accepted!

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Good to hear that first impressions are good @Anonymous and welcome to the community slight_smile

Let us know how you're getting on with it after a thorough play.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 21 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

went into the scunthorpe branch of CPW and they had two s6's (in black) in stock so i relieved them of one.

my number moved across with an hour or so - maybe quicker but i had other things to do before i went home again.

[i chose the number years ago when they used to print them on the outside of the box - it was a phillips savvy on BTcellnet and i worked at argos then so i picked which one i wanted!

that was the start of my mobile connection {circa 2000} via o2 & it's predecessors; and i still couldn't get a decent deal out of CS!]

second impressions are it's quick at everything!

need to do a bit more customisation - i've got the message tone set as the old guy from one of the monty python films complaining "you haven't gave us time to hide yet" and the ringtone as a remixed drum & bass version of the rainbow theme tune.

nothing too conventional so i know it's mine!

is it just me or are sim cards getting stupidly small now though? good job i didn't sneeze when i was putting it in the phone - i sure as hell wouldn't be able to find it again!

Message 22 of 26

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

is it just me or are sim cards getting stupidly small now though? good job i didn't sneeze when i was putting it in the phone - i sure as hell wouldn't be able to find it again!

Just as well you didn't, it would never have been seen again. LOL

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 23 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

our kitchen's got a parquet floor that the previous owner put down it's shiny & polished and anything we drop usually goes the most inaccessible place possible but when it's the size of a gnats nuts (like the new sim) there's no hope of ever finding it again, unless the dyson picks it up anyway!

Message 24 of 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I have problems with fat fingers and fiddly little sim cards, on the plus side I handle a mean pair of tweezers! 

Message 25 of 26

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

I agree sim cards are getting smaller. Or is it me getting fumblier (is that even a word?):confused-smiley:

Anyway ..... @Anonymous  glad you got the phone, even more pleased you got the sim inserted without dropping and losing it. It sounds as if you are happy with the S6....good for you wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 26