Did you mean: 

spam texts/phone calls

BubWright
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello o2 community!

i got a pay monthly phone on monday direct from the o2 website. all seems to be going well except the amount of spam texts and phone calls!

im getting about 8 texts during the night saying hello jonothan? heres your password, got loan, want a loan. all that other rubbish. today it got worse. im getting phone calls every hour from strange numbers.

any one else had this problem? its really starting to anoying me. after 6 years on pay as you go i never had this problem. not even once. who the hell is giving away my 4 day old number? as im writing this message i got another 2 spam texts!!

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Here is a guide I did that may help http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Are-you-fed-up-with-spam-calls-and-texts-Follow-...

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Numbers are recycled and although a long enough gap is left between them, it seems that it may not be the case here. Which is annoying for you as you just got  anew phone and now have all this SPAM crap!

If it is a brand new number I would call customer services and ask them to change it for you.

Otherwise, why not bring your Pay and Go number over to the contract phone?

Message 2 of 3

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Here is a guide I did that may help http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Are-you-fed-up-with-spam-calls-and-texts-Follow-...

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 3