cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sos

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi i would like to ask you something. How can I pay online for my monthly payment? Thanks

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Then they do so at their own fortune

Message 11 of 16

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@pgn Then you don’t fall behind on your payments or default on the credit agreement 

Time was, O2 (or CellNet before that) charged my credit card every month. Had done for *years*.  Irrespective of who I had upgraded with (O2 direct, Phones4U (RIP) or the O2 shop.)

Then along came O2 Refresh, which made the Device Plan part of it a Credit Agreement, and kablooey, you cannot rely on payment being taken by O2 monthly on a credit card any more.  Direct Debit seems the only way to go for that component.

And the double whammy?  

If you change the AirTime Plan to credit card (which *is* kosher, btw!) the Device Plan Direct Debit side of the deal breaks.

So then you have to use the SMS and e-mail Reminders to remember to pay both components of O2 Refresh using the Credit Card stored in your O2 Wallet every month. 

D'oh.  Who thought up that idea?

Message 12 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Which is why it's easiest to have a DD in place for both payments, surely?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
I wasn't actually sure what the question was tbh......?

Yes it did ask

"Hi i would like to ask you something. How can I pay online for my monthly payment? Thanks"

Which was the reason I gave them the guidelines on all ways to pay their bill.

However as we know setting up a contract with O2 means you agree to repay monthly via Direct Debit (in their T's&C's) ....and frequently people cancel for whatever reason...Direct debit is the best way to ensure you meet your contractual agreement with O2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 16

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
I wasn't actually sure what the question was tbh......?

Yes it did ask

"Hi i would like to ask you something. How can I pay online for my monthly payment? Thanks"

Which was the reason I gave them the guidelines on all ways to pay their bill.

However as we know setting up a contract with O2 means you agree to repay monthly via Direct Debit (in their T's&C's) ....and frequently people cancel for whatever reason...Direct debit is the best way to ensure you meet your contractual agreement with O2

I mean't pgn's question though, if indeed it was a question?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Oh right....Well my answer would have covered that 'Why?' as well....Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 16