cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smashed phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got a Samsung Galaxy s6 on contract a few weeks ago, I dropped it a few days ago, the screen is all smashed and it doesn't turn on. I don't have insurance but someone has told me some do a free one year warranty so I don't have to pay to get it fixed, can anyone tell me if this is right and how I can find out if I have that? Thanks.
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous  What you have been told is incorrect. You would not be covered for accidental damage if you didn't have insurance. Check your home or bank insurance to see if you may be covered there.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry but warranty doesnt cover you for dropping your handset....it only covers you for things that go wrong with the handset.

contact Samsung as they will provide a quote for a new screen but dont expect it to be cheap.

Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous  What you have been told is incorrect. You would not be covered for accidental damage if you didn't have insurance. Check your home or bank insurance to see if you may be covered there.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No, of course not.
A warranty is for manufacturing faults and defects. Sorry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4