Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim swap

clairebearni
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi....Swapped on-line from vodafone to O2.  Got my sim today, inserted it into my phone, texted SWAP to 20220 and its saying queued for sending.  I registered online for an account and its showing up my new number and plan but i cannot get the text to send or sim to work.  Tried ringing on my vodafone sim and its not letting me get through to a human.

What else can i do?  Losing the will to live.

thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

You need to call O2
Everything is taking longer due to the lockdown. Call centres and social distancing means limited staff to handle all the queries. Patience needed I'm afraid.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
Other numbers to try
0800 977 7337
0800 587 4005
0800 0901808

Message 2 of 5

clairebearni
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Got through but seems as people working from home cannot look into anything for me or transfer properly.  Is there no way of livechat

Message 3 of 5

O2Lorna
  • 192 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 22 Solutions
The live chat isnt active just now the best way to resolve it is to call back to customer service and ask them to do the number port for you.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...

signature
Message 4 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
You need to activate the sim and then use the swap process.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 5