Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim problem?????????

hotairRay
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've had a new phone (upgrade)and sim delivered last week, after registering etc. it worked ok for two days, now the "Phone part" doesn't work. ie. internet / WiFi ok but phoning out or in won't work.

Due to the lockdown I am unable to contact Dixon Carphone or get any help from O2. Do you think

from the description that this is a SIM card issue ? Hope someone can help..Ray

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@hotairRay 

Could be sim or handset.

Try your sim in a different phone if you can.

Also check for network issues here O2 Service Status

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

peach2903
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Exact same problem here, been in contact with O2 they have advised that all the O2 Guru's are working from home and all support is only available from we chat. 

They also advised to si online untill a guru beacme available.

I have tried everything, sim out, cleaned, into a different phone all state the same. Not registered on network  

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Sim or account issue then @peach2903 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

hotairRay
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have put the sim card into my old phone, same result.....no service...no different. unfortunately the only other phone available has a bigger sim, but that phone works fine so the network is ok
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@hotairRay 

You'll need to keep trying customer service then for an account check or new sim card.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

hotairRay
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ps. I have done a soft reset and a full reset to no avail,I have also checked the network status ...No known issues
Ray
Message 7 of 7