Did you mean: 

sim only upgrade to handset

benije88
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

Signed up to a 12 month sim only deal via o2. Was under the impression i could upgrade to a handset after 3 months i have just spoken with customer services and they said 6 months. Is there anyone from o2 working on this community that can clarify please

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Previous solved threads on the forum:
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/12-Month-Sim-Only-Upgrade/m-p/1042065/highlight/true#M1261...
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Upgrade-SIM-only-to-phone/m-p/1058430/highlight/true#M1310...
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/upgrade-question/m-p/1110673/highlight/true#M146493
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 20

benije88
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Might just pop into a store and ask and show them the terms and conditions infront of them grin
Message 12 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

@benije88 We always recommend going instore to upgrade 

Message 13 of 20

benije88
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

in my account it says my tariff is £36 a month yet when i joined it was on offer for £25, no mention of the £25. Will this change

Message 14 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@benije88 wrote:
Might just pop into a store and ask and show them the terms and conditions infront of them grin

Sounds like a very good idea....Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 20

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@benije88 wrote:

in my account it says my tariff is £36 a month yet when i joined it was on offer for £25, no mention of the £25. Will this change

Any help ?

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/Where-is-my-discount/bc-p/1075494

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 20

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@benije88 wrote:

@benije88 You're far better off going in store to upgrade, if you have a store nearby, as there's more chance that the phone you want will be in stock, and you can walk out with it. Upgrading online is a bit of a lottery, as there's no live stock check, so you can never be sure if or when you'll receive your phone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 17 of 20

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @benije88, any progress upgrading since you last posted? Let us know how you are getting on with this, and which phone you were thinking of picking slight_smile 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 18 of 20

Lauraabdn
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
How did you get on -‘ having same issue xx
Message 19 of 20

RandomCustomer
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
You are aware if you are a new customer with O2 on SIM only depending on your credit you can upgrade to a handset in 3 months or if your credit is not as good you will be able to upgrade after 6 months - "Need more data? You're ready to upgrade to a new sim only tariff.

If you fancy a new device, you'll need to wait until you've been on your contract for three or six months, depending on your credit status."

Taken from my upgrade page on myo2.co.uk

So might wanna change that about cs not knowing what there talking about if you clearly don't either?

Message 20 of 20