Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim network unlock pin

starfish
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 26 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi, I heard a notification ping and on checking my mobile the screen was just a dark background number pad with three letters under each and "SIM network unlock PIN" across the top.  I've entered my number into O2's "find your PIN" checker and entered it twice but that number failed.  What has happened and what can I do?

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

starfish
  • 26 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

They put the new SIM in and it still didn't work as the phone itself was now permanently locked.  There was still the matter of why this had happened and then why several people I spoke to from two mobile phone companies didn't make that specific suggestion (except Vodafone shop, but for their own SIM) and why none of them knew what had happened or why to cause the problem.  I still don't know.  I ended up buying a new smart phone, a Galaxy J4+.  I hope it isn't too tricky to learn to use.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@starfish did you try here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/unblock-your-phone

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

starfish
  • 26 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Yes.  That's what I really meant when I referred to the PIN checker.

Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@starfish sounds like a SIM card issue.

Call Into your local O2 shop and they will give you a new SIM card,  it's free.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

starfish
  • 26 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi.  I've chatted with Vodafone who say it was an O2 update, and I've chatted with O2 who say it was a Vodafone update!  Vodafone chat say I should buy a new SIM card of their's and make one transaction and then have to wait 24-48 hours, the man in the Vodafone shop said I'd have to buy a new SIM card of their's and use it for a few weeks then switch over, O2 simply say they don't do manual updates (I didn't actually do anything with the update alert except choos the "later" option, which I forgot to mention to them) and it must be a Vodafone update.

Message 5 of 11

starfish
  • 26 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I saw that Mary on 13 Dec 17 had a similar problem - locked out after update.  I followed the suggestion given by Bambino and entered an incorrect number 10 times and immediately my normal desktop screen came up!  On trying to make a phone call to my spare mobile that was in the process of charging, the message "Mobile network not available." popped up. 

Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
I still think your sim has failed.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

starfish
  • 26 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

And it has locked my phone permanently (although it looks normal now) and I am unable to use the sim card disappointed

Message 8 of 11

starfish
  • 26 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I've just been on the chat with O2 and they have said that the only way now is for them to send me a replacement SIM card or I can go to the shop and they will give me one and I can keep the same number.

Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
As I said earlier.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11