Did you mean: 

sim network pin blocked.Enter sim network PUK

gandalf147
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please can someone help me 

I have been trying to unlock my phone to no avail, had 3 different unlock codes  from o2, and of course when i tried them it was too many goes, now when i place a Non O 2 sim into samsung galaxy s6  i get this message,

"Sim network pin Blocked,Enter Sim network PUK"

this is NOT my usual puk as with o2 sim inserted my phone is ok. Have been trying to make someone at o2 understand that i need the DEfreeze/MCK code, they are saying they dont understand!! the problem confused

have been told  by o2 to contact Samsung ( i did, not their problem) also to contact the other provider (i did, the same) and it comes back to O2.. who wont or  areunwilling to supply this MCK code, can any one out there tell where to get this code or how to make O2 understand what i require, have been doing this now for nearly 2 weeks!!!

soooo frustrated

regards gandalf (not a real wizard):triumph:

More info

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @gandalf147 Did you follow the advice on this link https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/unblock-your-phone

If you enter the wrong code more than 10 times you wil find it permanently blocked and you willl need to contact CS or Samsung. It can be unblocked

Edited to add...not sure what you mean by MCK code... do you mean NCK (Network Control Code) code?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 20

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
As far as I'm aware, only Samsung can supply the MCK.
I'm not even sure if this is possible on the newer phones (it used to be available for older ones).
As you've now locked it out it may be locked forever, but it certainly needs someone with the right equipment to sort it.
An authorised or decent repair shop should be able to fix it for you as long as it's not hard locked the bootloader, in which case, it's screwed permanently.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 20

gandalf147
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi there, yes i did follow the instructions, but it may be that i entered the code wrongly!!  my phone still works perfectly with the o2 sim, its only when i put in a NON o2 sim that i get this message, and its says network sim invalid, and i need the SIM NETWORK PUK .... after much research and contacting samsung several times i have been informed that i need the MCK/DEFREEZE code, so that i can  then input my phone unlock code in ..( is this making sense?) have also contacted the other network of the non o2 sim, and they all tell me that O2 should hae this code !!confused

Message 4 of 20

gandalf147
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, as in my other reply I have contacted Samsung directly and they have informed me that its NOT them, as they supply the phones without the lock codes on, its o2 who put thelock  code onto the phones, i bought the phone outright  so there should not have been a sim lock on it, the phone works perfectly well with the O2 sim, but wont allow me to put in a NON o2 sim card, without giving me that strange error message, so that i cannot go any further to unlocking my phone to use with another sim.thanks

Message 5 of 20

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Yes, I fully understand you, but O2 will not supply you with an MCK (they wouldn't even know what it was) so your only chance, as per my post above, is someone with the correct software to unlock it now as you have used up all your attempts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 20

gandalf147
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Mi5, 

thanks for your replys on this, much appreciated, and yeah i know what you mean about o2 not understanding what im asking for ...!!! phew they are hardwork, and keep sending me the unlock/unlatching code, which i cant yet use unfortunately, they have now sent me an e-mail (after 1doz phone calls) to say they are in contact with samsung to try and solve this problem!LOL i have contacted samsung myself to no avail, so it looks like i will be taking your advise and taking it to someone to have a look at,

Oh for an easy life! but then it would be boringsmirk

Message 7 of 20

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Hopefully, Samsung will tell them how to generate the MCK and you'll be all good slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 20

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @gandalf147 please keep us updated on this one! I'm interested to hear how it turns out. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 20

gandalf147
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Martin, I sure will keep u updated, it will be interesting to hear if Samsung can help, I have been in contact with them a couple of times, and they always refer me back to o2!!

From much research on internet it seems that this elusive MCK/ unfreeze code is out there somewhere, here's hoping..

If not then much to my chagrin I will have to pay someone to try and unlock my phone.

confused

Message 10 of 20