Did you mean: 

sim network pin blocked.Enter sim network PUK

gandalf147
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please can someone help me 

I have been trying to unlock my phone to no avail, had 3 different unlock codes  from o2, and of course when i tried them it was too many goes, now when i place a Non O 2 sim into samsung galaxy s6  i get this message,

"Sim network pin Blocked,Enter Sim network PUK"

this is NOT my usual puk as with o2 sim inserted my phone is ok. Have been trying to make someone at o2 understand that i need the DEfreeze/MCK code, they are saying they dont understand!! the problem confused

have been told  by o2 to contact Samsung ( i did, not their problem) also to contact the other provider (i did, the same) and it comes back to O2.. who wont or  areunwilling to supply this MCK code, can any one out there tell where to get this code or how to make O2 understand what i require, have been doing this now for nearly 2 weeks!!!

soooo frustrated

regards gandalf (not a real wizard):triumph:

More info

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Much appreciated @gandalf147 and good luck getting hold of your MCK code! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 20

gandalf147
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi again martin, re this post well its now late june ans still no joy regarding this error message,,,WOT. email from o2 escalated in may but now reply, and now also paying £15.00 for BT Sim not able to use, as wellas 02 bill NOT happy slight_smile
Message 12 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As I said already, you've no chance of getting the code from O2.
Go to your local market store or independent repair shop. It's your only chance.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 20

Sophi91
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi There, 

I just wanted to ask if they have found the solution for it? 

I have the same error message and receiced the unlatching code but it does not work. 

Did they manage something at the end? Or did you get solved differently?

Many thanks and kind regards, Sophia

Message 14 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Sophi91 Have you followed the advice in the thread?

It's nothing to do with O2 if you are being asked for the MCK code. You have to ask the manufacturer first..if that fails  get your phone unblocked by an independent repairer or local market stall..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 20

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The MCK (what you require) is because the phone is hard locked due to too many failed attempts to unlock.
Any network should be able to generate this code from the IMEI number of the phone but we know from previous experience that O2 are either incapable or unwilling to do so.
Your only option is to seek independent help.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 20

Simnetworkpuk
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am having the same problem
My phone is asking for the Sim Network PUK Code
I know how to get the Sim Card PUK Code anx also have the O2 Unlatch code.
Any idea how to get the Sim Network PUK code?
Message 17 of 20

Simnetworkpuk
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi gandalf147

Did you manage to solve this and get the Sim Network Code to unlock your phone from the network
Message 18 of 20

NetworkHedgehog
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Going out on a limb here, but has anyone tried unlatching the phone from O2 first then trying this again? If it’s locked out completely then take it to someone who can fix it with a software change.
Message 19 of 20

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It can be fixed with the right software but as it requires writing to a protected part of the partition table it isn’t something that can be done at home by the average person.

Currently using:
Message 20 of 20