cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

signal

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is anyone having signal problems in eadt anglia im getting fed up with it now goes of every few seconds being like this for weeks now may have to move rant over
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Check your full postcode for local problems @ O2 Service Status

Try cleaning the simcard and rebooting the phone.

Have you tried resetting the phone? If you tell us which handset you have we can help you with this if you are unsure how to do it.

Are other people in the area having problems and is the phone ok in a different location?

Some help Here courtesy of @adamtemp64 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Check your full postcode for local problems @ O2 Service Status

Try cleaning the simcard and rebooting the phone.

Have you tried resetting the phone? If you tell us which handset you have we can help you with this if you are unsure how to do it.

Are other people in the area having problems and is the phone ok in a different location?

Some help Here courtesy of @adamtemp64 

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the Community Forum

Are you able to try your SIM card in another handset.

Process of elimination.

The Service Status does say O2 have been working on a mast in that area in the past 24 hours , but should be good now.

Turn your phone off and on to help reset the connection.
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Totally fed up and at my wits end. I recently upgraded on refresh to iphone 6 plus, but I think with the excitement of this phone being realeased and me wanting it to be delivered on the 19th I kind of missed the point of what I was doing. The signal I have with 02 is quite atrocious, I never get a signal and home and is quite poor everywhere else if I'm honest. So I'm sat here asking myself, do I really want to be paying them £45pm for the next two years? No is the answer, so I'm cancelled my iphone and I will just pay the original £10pm contract which ends in march and pray this awful experience with this company ends soon.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

If your on refresh and the handset plan is paid off then you can give notice and walk away or ask for a PAC code and that will end your contract on asking another network to use it within 28 days.

If on an older 2 year contract then unless you want to pay up the contract your stuck.

Best advice is to get hold of some Payg sim and try the other networks out.

Also unlock your phone for free here https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
A most strange situation.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

The signal status bar is often inaccurate.

If you are using an android handset, go into your setting and choose About Phone. In Status it will show your current signal. Anything over 100 dBm is terrible and 51dBm is the best.

If you have an iPhone, just dial *3001*12345#* and look in the top left corner.

Message 7 of 7