cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sickened by o2 retentions last night

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi guys 

I spoke to o2 retentions last night to do my upgrade by paying off teh remainder of my refresh and taking a deal with teh Galaxy alpha that was offered to me last week, only to be told by the jumped up twit that he would not offer me the deal that i was offered last week because i have not been an o2 customer long enough to be allowed said deal, was told that o2 had no budget to offer me a discount and this was what sickened me as a customer... he said that I have no loyalty to o2 and that i am not a loyal customer... so i am not loyal by handing over £300 to pay my refresh off, take a new handset, im not loyal by paying my bills not only on time each and every month BUT on teh day my bill is actually produced...

this has sickened me as an o2 customer and no seriously thinking about going back to vodafone

this was appaling customer service by retentions and this was all done with Mike in the retentions team at Crestonbrook... 

Jay 

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Not really the best way to treat someone about to pay off a contract.
Message 2 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow thats completely unacceptable......I've not had the best experiences when calling customer services but thats just shocking.

Personally i would put in a formal complaint

Message 3 of 23

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

...Prestonbrook....

Have you tried instore to see what kind of deal you can get or the independents?

If O2 came out and said that to me I would be off in a puff of smoke!

Message 4 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

im gonna pop into my local o2 store today and speak to them failing that try carphone and see what they can do in terms of upgrade, but i was so angry, if i was a late bill payer i could understand but to be told what i was told was just un excusable, if i ran my business like that id have no business... 

Message 5 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Not good at all.

We do know a person can get a better response by ringing back and speaking to another agent. 

Possibly feedback your experience via the complaints link found at the bottom of the forum page. 

Message 6 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been with O2 for 7 years and they wouldn't offer anything to get me to stay with them, I have generally always found there cs staff to be as helpful as they can and have always had good overall experience but I must say I now feel as if they couldn't care less if I switched to another provider, the reception has been poor in places the last 6 months or so, they kept moving goal posts on expected delivery of my recent upgrade, one of their on line agents cutme off mid complaint and the staff are all telling me different things, so this year for some reason O2 have gone down a lot I'm my estimation, as I see it they now have two years to get things right and if after 9 years they don't show me some acknogement of my loyalty then I'm off!
Message 7 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Acknogement? Lol!
Message 8 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

went in a o2 store and they was appaled by this and not happy that when i spoke about this they had a shop full of customers! 

Message 9 of 23

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Appalled enough to sort you a good deal, or appalled enough because the shop was full.
Message 10 of 23