Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

shocking after sevice

I saved up to get my daughter an I-phone for her birthday and christmas combined.
3 weeks later while she was using it on her bed the screen went blank.
Took it back to o2 shop in Cameron Toll shopping centre in Edinburgh.
They sent it away and it came back water damaged !!!!
When I phoned up customer services ,they said the shop should have phoned them up first to try a soft reset.They did not do this.
So how do I know that the shop or repairers caused water damage ??
Sent it back for a second opinion ....same reply .STILL NOT ONE APOLOGY !!!!
So I am sitting with a small metal box worht £350!!
Then my daughter got a text saying that they will stop her free internet as she is not using her I-phone DOH !!! is this the same one that is at the repair shop???
Still not an apology
Then phoned up I-phone desk and spoke to RORY ,he said that due to what the daughter had went through ,they will keep the free internet acess ,but lo and behold the next day they said NO...
p.s still no apology
Anonymous

shocking after sevice

Why should O2 apologise for you damaging the iPhone? Or are you saying that you don't believe it was water damaged? If so wh didn't you follow O2's complaints procedure as detailed on the website and in your paperwork?
Anonymous

shocking after sevice

Why should O2 apologise for you damaging the iPhone? Or are you saying that you don't believe it was water damaged? If so wh didn't you follow O2's complaints procedure as detailed on the website and in your paperwork?

Why are you being so rude? You don't work for customer service do you? At no point did he say HE or HIS DAUGHTER damaged the phone.
Anonymous

shocking after sevice

1. open the ipod
2. leave it to tried 24 hours
3. if the battery not work you have the right to go back to the store when you got it from with a valid recept.

Tried to explain what happen to ipod to o2 shop..
You have the right to tell the o2 shop for a exchanged. Its o2 fault that your product have damaged in their care.

prking

He went to his shop is the correct and some o2 employee got it wet in o2 care. and you blame for the customer for this.
Anonymous

shocking after sevice

Make an appointment at an Apple Store and get their opinion. They are much better than O2.
Topics: 547
Solutions: 3,427

shocking after sevice

Make an appointment at an Apple Store and get their opinion. They are much better than O2.

That's for sure!
Go to the apple store...make an appointment to see a genius Smiley Sad
Anonymous

shocking after sevice

Why are you being so rude? You don't work for customer service do you? At no point did he say HE or HIS DAUGHTER damaged the phone.

No, I don't work for O2 at all. The facts in the initial post are that the phone stopped working. It was sent away for repair and returned with a note saying the phone stopped working because of water damage and therefore is not covered by the guarantee.
If lauren disagrees with this then she should use O2's complaints procedure. This provides a means of resolving situations like this, and even provides for an independent arbitrator should lauren not reach agreement with O2.
Nothing I have written is rude, its simply good advice.
Highlighted
Anonymous

shocking after sevice

Just to say the water detector is not paper and needs actual contact with water to change colour. Lauren may find that her contents insurance covers accidental damage like this.