cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shap available - upgrade out of stock

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

If i go in to the O2 shop online as a normal customer or even when signed in on my ID i can clearly see that the iphone 5 refurb 16gb is in stock and I am able to add to my basket,

if i try and go to the product page again to view all refurb iphones when entering as an upgrade they now appear as out of stock.

simple question - why?  are the refurb iphone 5 all being kept aside for new customers due to the decent price they are just now and does that just mean that existing customers for years get these blocked as an upgrade option

does not add up.

thoughts..........

(i am on an early upgrade, i know i could just buy through the shop but thats not the point)

thanks

Stephen

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

We are all customers here

Most likely the phone is showing in stock as the system hasn't been updated yet

Happens quite a lot, that's why we recomment to upgrade in store to avoid disappointment

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

done some more research into this and it turns out that they keep diffrent stock for new customers and for upgrade customers.

advise given from customer support in the past points to buy the phone as a new customer, then cancel your current phone once it arrives and then request a number change

that is disgusting.  caring about attracting new customers and giving them more offers, than trying to look after customers that in this case has been with O2 for years and currently has 4 contracts within the household

raging

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
That is disgusting and not good practice at all
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I took my phone out couple of months ago, new contract.

The wait was 6 weeks for the phone to arrive.

But I agree, O2 should reward long, loyal customers more, not just new ones.

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
They preach fair deal for all doesn't sound very fair to me
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
True the waiting time for your iPhone was long'ish Adrianna ,but you did want the all new singing and dancing iPhone 5s. wink

OP, Apple have discontinued the iPhone 5 now but it it confusing that a handset that is well over a year old can have supply issues from the Network.

Have you looked at the iPhone 5c which is the direct upgrade to the iPhone 5 ?

Just a thought.

Maybe look at another model or purchase an iPhone 5 from somewhere such as the high street chain called CEX if you have a local store in your city centre ,or buy one online from them.
Message 7 of 7