cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service

Anonymous
Not applicable

since 7.30 this morning, i have no service. i expected a telephone interview at 11am, nothing. cant connect to internet, tried texting myself, nothing. when i phone my number from my mums landline, nothing. NO SERVICE WHATSOEVER. this has potentialy lost my chances of a job. rather P****D off.

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Update: O2 issued the following statement at 9am on 4 October:

"On Thursday 3rd October, around 1% of O2 customers experienced some difficulty making and receiving calls and texts, or using data. This was the result of unexpected congestion caused during routine upgrade work on our 2G and 3G networks. The problems were intermittent and resolved in a matter of hours.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144184 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Have you checked for and reported any issues http://status.o2.co.uk/ ?
Try rebooting your phone and removing/replacing your SIM card.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi RabWale,

Has your service returned yet? Let me know if not and we'll investigate.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

tried. nothing. it lets me fone 4444 to top up, but even when i request balance, it sais 'network error'. cant phone out, incoming calls dont work, incoming texts dont work. be leaving o2 next week when i get paid. this is utter nonesense. complaints procedure is terrible. been with o2 since 2004, well no more. definately changing network.

Message 4 of 11

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi RabWale.

If you haven't already, try resetting your device. If that does not work, I'll look into this for you.

Cheers!
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

just got 24 texts from yesterday. service is terrible. a full day with no service is unnacceptable. not only did i miss my telephone interview, but missed any other calls regarding jobs i applied for. i even put my sim into my dads phone and still nothing. seems to be fine today, but why did this happen?

Message 6 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Update: O2 issued the following statement at 9am on 4 October:

"On Thursday 3rd October, around 1% of O2 customers experienced some difficulty making and receiving calls and texts, or using data. This was the result of unexpected congestion caused during routine upgrade work on our 2G and 3G networks. The problems were intermittent and resolved in a matter of hours.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

No mobile network, and I mean all of them, will ever guarantee that their service will be fault free 100% of the time. If you had something as important as a telephone interview for a job, you probably should have arranged to have that interview over a land line.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144184 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It's always either a job interview, a breakdown or someone in hospital.... I think O2 must wait until everyone has an emergency then pull the plug out wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 11

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions