cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sent a group text and have been charged as a media message, why?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just received my bill and have been charged 41 times for a media message which was infact one message I sent to 41 people on christmas day, why would this happen? at no point did it say anywhere that I was not sending a text message. Does anybody know why this would happen?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Can a mod please merge all these threads on the same subject.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just check my 02 account and have just found out I gave been charged for 660 media messages I didn't sent to random numbers in my address book! I was in the middle of moving house at the time so I haven't checked my bills for a while. how did this happen ? I have looked back through my text messages and I have not sent any messgaes on that day at that time (660 messgaes we're sent overe a period of 5 mins). I know i did not do this!!!!
Message 12 of 16

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
It does seem like a Master Stroke of texting to send them that quickly....
I'd call 202 in the morning and get them to investigate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Id defiantly call in that's one hell of a charge 😞
Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I also have this problem, I've never known of this before. Have O2 been helpful in resolving this. It's rather a large charge, no pop up warning or anything, thanks apple!
Message 15 of 16

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
You can turn off MMS in your message settings to prevent it from happening again.
O2 CS may offer you a goodwill gesture if it's the first time it has happened to you and was an accident http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Currently using:
Message 16 of 16