cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sent a group text and have been charged as a media message, why?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just received my bill and have been charged 41 times for a media message which was infact one message I sent to 41 people on christmas day, why would this happen? at no point did it say anywhere that I was not sending a text message. Does anybody know why this would happen?

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Unfortunatly any group txts above 5 members is classed as a mms.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Bro...

It's in the T&Cs somewhere ill try and find it for you
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Unfortunatly any group txts above 5 members is classed as a mms.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Bro...

It's in the T&Cs somewhere ill try and find it for you
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22939 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Really, thats bad. i tried phoning customer services but they are closed. I had a simplicity plan until nov and i don't think that was the case then, as i have now changed to a contract and they never told me about the changes do you think i might get a refund? I ungraded over the phone and they didn't tell me about any changes to my t&c's, will give them a call 2mw and see what they say

Message 4 of 16

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Did you get a new phone with the switch?

You might do. Don't ask you don't get right slight_smile

You'll have to let us know how you get on:)
Message 5 of 16

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

A new contract is always liable to have new terms, you can read them at the foot of this page.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just phoned up, they are meeting me half way, so I will get a credit of £13 on my next bill.  Its something i suppose, i'll just back sure I do not send multiple messages from now on, booo!!!

Message 7 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143404 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can get an MMS bolt on for £5 a month if you regularly send group texts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I get 50 mms messages in my payg tariff and am lucky if I send 2-3 a month !

Glad the Op got sorted in the end. 

Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got my bill in and found out I have been charged for every group text messages I sent over xmas and the new year as media and it has doubled my phone bill. I have contact O2 and they have said they will investigate. I looked on the o2 facebook page and found that it may be  the iphone that is the problem and the latest software from Apple. HAs there been anything from O2 about why this has happened without any warning. I have been an O2 customer for years and this is the first time I have ever had this problem.

Message 10 of 16