Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

second contract on o2

hi all im new to the forums but here to have a rant,

as an o2 customer who has been with o2 for over 10 years on pay as you go (from the old BT days) to 5/6 years ago taking out a contract (infact 2 but cancelled one a few years ago) and getting numerous free simcards for my friends telling them all how good o2 is im absolutely disgusted!

i rang the sales team last week after finding that phones4u and many other companies are doing half price line rental so i thought o2 would at least do the same offer if not better it? infact i was wrong, very wrong, they have reduced the number of minutes from 600 to 400 and the texts from unlimited to 500 for the same £30 line rental with no discount (as a current customer i get nothing different from someone first joining o2) i asked them to look into how much i have spent with o2 and told them to check how much has been spent on the o2 free sims i have given out (and gave them numbers to these sims too) and got the reply, " oh that doesnt matter, if you want to take the contract then do it if not then stop moaning"

so i will now be taking my business to phones for you who are offering nokia 5800 with 600 minutes and unlimited texts (on the o2 network) for the same price as o2's 5800 with 400 minutes and 500 texts! (except phones4u are doing half price line rental! WTF?

how can o2 be beaten by one of its "dealers?" the answer was simple,i was told "i dont know and dont want to! its not my job i sell phones"

so im off to phones4u and cancelling my current contract when its due for renewal in 6 months, i must know at least 15 people who have left o2 in the past 2 or 3 months and now i can see why

rant over i feel better as the shops open in 10 mins now lol
Anonymous

second contract on o2

ouch. Bit of poor CS responses there, or were you paraphrasing?

I guess it it depends how much you spend each month etc. O2s loss.
Anonymous

second contract on o2

no that was the response i actually got from them, after many calls i gave up and emailed to ask why they couldnt match the offer and was told:
Hello Craig Thanks for your email about a new contract. I understand you wish to buy a Nokia 5800 with O2. The retails company you've contacted are basically dealers. They have there own promotions for customers. I'd request you to please once again contact our sales team on 0844 202 0202 between: - Monday to Friday 8.30am to 9pm - Saturday and Sunday 10am to 6pm. Do inform the sales team about the offer you're given by other dealers. I'm sure they'll find a better deal for you. I hope the above information is helpful. If you need any further help, feel free to contact us or visit our online help centre at: http://www.o2.co.uk/help When you email us please provide: full name, first line of address, postcode, mobile number and registered email address as it helps us answer your query faster. Kind regards RituO2 Customer Service

and on the phone when i rang i was told customer services dont know what deals o2 do and they could offer me no deal at all, i was treated as a new customer, infact they made me feel as though i had made the whole email up and was lying, so i emailed again to say that no deal had been made from the offer to any new customer so i will not be taking a deal and they emailed me back saying were sorry you dont wish to upgrade Smiley Surprised upgrade? they wont let me upgrade i want a second contract so now they dont even read emails correctly either!

the whole customer service does nothing for me anymore, when the "middlemen" can do better ill go with them, if it means sending my bills back every 3 months to get my money back, so be it, ill take insurance and get more minutes and texts so im happy, just a shame o2 is doing nothing for people with the credit crunch and so many financial struggles
Anonymous

second contract on o2

P4U and 3rd partys have to offer these incentives to get customers otherwise from their reputation alone they wouldn't get any. I wouldn't go with them if they paid me, I hear horror stories every day, o2 have a far better proven track record to have to offer deals.

And the person you spoke to is correct, it doesn't matter how much your friends spend on their PAYG, it has absolutely no baring what so ever, it would be like going to Currys and trying to get a cheap washer and taking in your friends recipts because you recommended them.

Upgrades also aren't there to offer you a deal, they're there to upgrade you. Retentions are the only people that offer deals so you're getting het up about a department that can't even help you.
Anonymous

second contract on o2

Oh I just realised this was you asking for a new contract. You'll never get a discount in that case. Like I said, o2 don't have to put bargaining tools in their packages to get customers so you wont get anything on a new contract.
Anonymous

second contract on o2

I have to say I am somewhat puzzled. You're ranting and moaning about how bad O2 are and how you are going to cancel your contract with them, only to go and start another contract with a different middleman.....with O2! If O2 are that bad why don't you go to a different network. What's the point of crying about O2 and then starting a new contract with them? You may get a cheaper contract via P4U, but won't you still have to deal with O2 customer services? O2 won't care that you are cancelling one contract with them, only to start another.