Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung galaxy z fold 2

Daryld1988
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

was wondering if o2 plan on offering the newly announced samsung galaxy fold z 2 on pay monthly was considering ordering through samsung but if o2 offer it i will upgrade my current phone and switch that way?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Daryld1988 

Keep an eye on here https://www.o2.co.uk/android

and register for updates here https://www.o2.co.uk/getupdates

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
So far Samsung haven't announced any UK networks that are taking the Z Fold 2, i would think something should be announced by the 18th September as to whether any are taking the device
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 12

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
The green network has it for pre order
Message 5 of 12

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Right now through my usual internal updates, I can't see that this is a device that's currently being ranged by us - but I would say that under certain circumstances such as tighter NDA's, such device updates are often not available outside of our device team so the best I can suggest is to keep an eye on our coming soon page or on our Social feeds (incl. here on Community) for any updates.

Right now though, I'm afraid I can't confirm either way slight_frown

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 6 of 12

NayMau5
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hope they get in for pre orders , noticed it's available to pre order on EE today so hopefully o2 will follow suit, I'll give it a few days to see if they do but if not looks like I am swapping network provider
Message 7 of 12

gadget
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 40 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

according to my info only EE vodafone and three will be stocking the new phone it doesn't seem likely that o2 will no idea why or if they will once pre orders are over perhaps ?

I was also looking to upgrade so lits ikely i'll be hitting the samsung store in afew days hope i'm wrong and o2 come through but its very doubtful.

Message 8 of 12

Daryld1988
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

this is really dissapointing if memory serves me right o2 were quite late to the original fold being offered on the network find it hard to believe they are gonna allow a great device to be offered by other competitors and not themselves maybe time to switch from o2 if thats the case 😞

Message 9 of 12

gadget
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 40 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i did notice the original fold on the o2 store is out of stock they do have the samsung flip on the main page so at least people do have foldable phone to purchase.

I'm trying to look at postitves and not really coming up with anything lol probably is the time to jump if you do want a foldable phone as o2 doesn't seem to be interested. 

Message 10 of 12