Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Anonymous

sales tactics

Was on simplicitity and upgraded to new htc one, after a week i decided i didnt like the phone and wanted to change,so sent it back. Phone was received on 25th april, but couldnt order new iphone till today. Anyway on calling upgrades i was informed that for the iphone 4s on the on and on tariff it would cost me £99.99, not the £59.99 as stated on website and that it was the new price and that website just hadnt been upgraded to reflect new cost, alythough to be fair, when clicking on link for price it didnt show that tariff.

Looked again tonight and low and behold the tariff is back online with the phone costing £59.99, looks like i was well shafted , will be telling everyone i know of the terrible customer services from a company i have been with for years and who has multiple contracts running.

SHOCKING.

Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Re: sales tactics

I doubt a company like O2 needs to use "sales tactics" to get business.

Have you tried calling to explain what happened?

They may refund the difference if it was a problem with the site.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Kudos: 177
Solutions: 181

Just checked the online shop and the iPhone 4S is indeed priced at £99.99 on the £36pm On & On tariff.

I very much doubt you were subject to any sales tactics but more likely caught in the transition process of O2's sales channels aligning their prices.

Anonymous

It does seem to be in the lap of the the God's depending on who you contact. I have 5 phones on my account and my monthly bill is £300-400. Two of the phones on my account have been insured for ages but no claim made. Over the past few months we have swapped 2 phones for Iphones and unfortunately had one stolen last week.

When I phoned I was told that I had not requested insurance..........why would I not insure the two most expensive phones and insure the others!? I am now told there is nothing to be done. I want to complain but no contact on the website that I can find and virtual assistant isnt working.

Started to look around and realise I am paying top dollar with loads of unused minutes and texts. Will now have to work out what to do, but any pointers would be welcome!

Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

@Anonymous wrote:

It does seem to be in the lap of the the God's depending on who you contact. I have 5 phones on my account and my monthly bill is £300-400. Two of the phones on my account have been insured for ages but no claim made. Over the past few months we have swapped 2 phones for Iphones and unfortunately had one stolen last week.

When I phoned I was told that I had not requested insurance..........why would I not insure the two most expensive phones and insure the others!? I am now told there is nothing to be done. I want to complain but no contact on the website that I can find and virtual assistant isnt working.

Started to look around and realise I am paying top dollar with loads of unused minutes and texts. Will now have to work out what to do, but any pointers would be welcome!

Answered in your other thread.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1