Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s10+ not receiving calls

BSB1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A few months ago I encountered the problem where my S10+ could not receive calls.  When the phone rang, I'd answer it but, I could not hear the caller (though they could hear me) and very shortly after the call would terminate.  However, I could make calls.  After a soft reset, it appeared to solve the problem.  Then, a short while ago, the problem recurred.  This time I reset the network settings and that solved it temporarliy.  Since then the problem has continued to recur several times.  Sometimes an app update would solve it temporarily and sometimes a soft reset works for a while but it keeps coming back.  This is starting to really annoy as at present, the phone isn't fit for purpose.  Help would be greatly appreciated!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@BSB1 

First thing I'd try is a sim swap. Just call into any O2 store and they will do it for free.

After that, contact Samsung for advice or repair https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

BSB1
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If that's the case, would it be sensible for me to try the SIM in another phone first to see whether it works in there?

Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good idea @BSB1 thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@BSB1 

Yes if you have another phone to try.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

BSB1
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK - tried it in another phone and that has the same problem so I guess it's the SIM card.  One question (well, two actually) - how is it possible for a SIM card to corrupt and secondly, if I go into an O2 store, can they replace the SIM card there and then with my number attached?

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@BSB1 

As I said above, they will do it for free and while you wait.

Your tariff and number will transfer to the new sim.

Sim cards do occasionally go faulty, hence always a good place to start with fault finding.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

BSB1
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks ever so much for your help.  I'll try and pop into O2 tomorrow.

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9