cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

roaming triangle. windows htc 8x

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ive arrived in Denmark and a triangle has appeared on the top of my screen. I've found this is a roaming triangle but my roaming is off?!?! 

Am really confused now as to whether I'm going to come bsck to a horrendous bill, and am being charged. 

I've connected automatically to a local network. Roaming is off and now I caknot even connect to free WiFi as a message comes up saying 

We're having trouble connecting to web page 

Make sure data roaming options are set to allow roaming 

HELP 

I really don't want a massive bill 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

You can turn off DATA roaming but phone will still show as roaming for CALLS.

If you want no connection, except for wifi, you should put phone into airplane mode.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I would suggest you go into your phones settings and double check any roaming spec is toggled off and mobile data is toggled off too. This will stop internet connection and only leave wifi available.

Allowing your phone to connect to a local network will incur roaming charges.

Go into your wifi settings and either delete the current wep settings or forget them and then re enter it to see if wifi connects.

If it does not then look up how to soft reset your phone. Or a hard reset but you would really need to perform a back up as this typically deletes saved data.

If your phone is unlocked to all networks then perhaps obtain a local sim card.

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144198 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27634 Solutions

You can turn off DATA roaming but phone will still show as roaming for CALLS.

If you want no connection, except for wifi, you should put phone into airplane mode.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3