Did you mean: 

roaming in EU

Nika1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello guys,

Can anyone help please? I have received this text message and true i overstayed in EU due to travel restrictions and family emergencies couldn't get back. Going back mid June. Received this text message, sometime next week

O2: We've noticed your usage has been mostly in our Europe Zone lately. Just so you know our roaming service is intended for short breaks only. If your usage continues like it is, we'll have to add extra charges to your next bill. See o2.co.uk/roamfairuse

i am waiting for an improtant call from the UK and have following questions:

1) will O2 let me know before they start making charges? 

2) what is the time gap between sending this message and adding charges?

3) to me this message sounds like they might not add extra charges, is there any way to avoid it? 

4) I have zero spend cap on my account-will i still be charged? 

Basically I just have one important call to accept next week and then I'll be in the UK. How can I know if i and the person making a call will be charged or not?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Nika1 

The person making the call will not be charged anything extra at all.

Any charges (if levied) will be on you only and will be per call, text or mb of data.

I wouldn't worry at all in your situation as you will be back in the UK shortly which will reset the roaming counter on your account.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Nika1 

The person making the call will not be charged anything extra at all.

Any charges (if levied) will be on you only and will be per call, text or mb of data.

I wouldn't worry at all in your situation as you will be back in the UK shortly which will reset the roaming counter on your account.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Nika1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello!

Thank you for your reply! Well this is a relief to know the person making the call won't be charged. Are you sure about that? I don't mind paying 3.3p per minute for a 10min call, i just don't want the person calling to be charged-that's my main concern. I would have to let her know that there will be a charge otherwise or cancel the call! as i don't know how charges would work on her side. 

I turned the airplane mode on my phone for now and plan to switch it back on next week for the call. 

Many thanks again

Nika

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Nika1 wrote:

Hello!

Thank you for your reply! Well this is a relief to know the person making the call won't be charged. Are you sure about that?

100% sure @Nika1 

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4