Did you mean: 

roaming charges credit

Colin4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 15 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm currently abroad.

I've just received an SMS from o2 saying that they are going to credit my roaming charges back to me.

What is covered by "roaming charges"? 

My o2 bill shows that most of my "charges when abroad" are "chargeable records", which as measured in kb.  This confuses me as I have data roaming turned off.  What are these "chargeable records"?

And, finally: would o2's roaming charge credit cover my data roaming?

Thanks,

Colin

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124351 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@Colin4 

That sounds a bit suspect to me. Are you sure the message was from O2?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

MI5
  • 147230 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions
Any charges accrued from being out of the country.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 10

Colin4
  • 15 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's from "80202".  There's no 'catch': no link to click, no number to call, no site to login to, no credit card details to give...

I'd assumed that, like a lot of other companies, they're trying to find ways of lessening financial distress that customers might be facing right now.

Message 4 of 10

jonsie
  • 93344 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

You need to turn off mobile data as well as data roaming to stop those charges.

Message 5 of 10

VMdxb
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I also got the message from 15 th March to 15 th April all roaming charges will be credited back.

But my current bill shows all the roaming charges are stii added to a good 80 pounds bill!

Message 6 of 10

Simmer_down
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes I received the same message

Hi, it's O2. We can see you've been out of the UK for a little while now. We don't want you to worry about your roaming charges so we're going to credit these back to you for the period between 16 March and 15 April. You'll see this on your next bill.

All I am wondering is if I am not allowed to use my phone as if I was in the UK? Right now I am in the Caribbean and a text message suggests that I can use it as if I was still in London but I’m not 100% sure. I’ve tried to read up on it but can’t get anywhere.
The chat lines are down so I cannot get any confirmation
Message 7 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 124351 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@Simmer_down 

I wouldn't rely on that. Roaming charges whilst in the Caribbean are pretty expensive. A family member returned from there recently and in three of the places he went to allowed O2 Travel at £4.99 per day. One other place was charging at International rates and was damn expensive. He just used Wifi and when that wasn't available, didn't use his phone at all.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 10

Simmer_down
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So how do I confirm what this means?
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 93344 Posts