cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

requesting phone unlock code... for the fourth time?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

So, I got a sony xperia s a few months ago on contract with O2. After a few weeks I requested the unlock code via the submit form. Had to wait 72 hours, then got emailed the code.

Tried it, didn't work.

So, used the form again and after 72 hours... got the same code.

Tried it, didn't work... again.

Then life got in the way for a few weeks. So next time round I used the live chat function on the site and spoke/typed to someone who apologised and told me that there had been an error with the previous request and that a new number unlock code would be sent out in... 72 hours.

Then... no code - no emails, no nothing. That was last friday and we're more than a week beyond now. I was going to speak to someone yesterday but after the no calls/no signal debacle that also affected me yesterday the chance of me getting through was well, I may as well have been calling from my mobile!

So, my experience of O2 for the past few months has been well, sorry, but terrible. I haven't even gone into the fact that my signal keeps dropping and alternating between nothing and almost full (I even got my phone replaced because I was wondering if that was the issue, but apparently not) - feeling like I should have stayed with my previous provider as at least I could use my phone to make, you know... calls!

Anyway, I know the O2 contract has me pretty much tied in with them for 19 more frustrating months so more fool me I guess. But in the meantime I do want to get this phone unlocked. Should I be going through the same rigmarole all over again, or is there a better way to escalate the issue? Even if you don't count the gaps where I didn't get back to O2 this has been an issue which has been left unresolved for well over a week now.

Any advice?

thanks,

Suns

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I had an XS and called Customer Services for an unlock code.  Got it by email within the 72 hrs.

I guess you have just been unlucky this time.  My advice, call 202 and select the option that says you want to leave o2.  That gets you put through to retentions and they are the gang with the most tools at their disposal.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I had an XS and called Customer Services for an unlock code.  Got it by email within the 72 hrs.

I guess you have just been unlucky this time.  My advice, call 202 and select the option that says you want to leave o2.  That gets you put through to retentions and they are the gang with the most tools at their disposal.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 2