Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replacement SIM not working

DebbieC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not sure if anyone can help me but here's hoping.  I lost my phone a week ago and 02 barred the phone and sim.  A new sim arrived fairly quickly and today I received my new Samsung S10.  02 had suggested the sim would be ready to use straightaway and my usual mobile number would work - however it is not working.  The Settings on phone shows no number recognised.  Cannot get through to 02 at all today as looks like they are all on lockdown and not even working remotely.  Any tips on how I can get Sim to work or is it something 02 have to do their end? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@DebbieC 

Bars need to be lifted from both your account and sim.

Only customer service can do this for you.

Try Skyping them https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/A-Guide-To-Skype/m-p/1305104/highlight/true#M181823

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You need to call them again to have the bars taken off the account. Until you do it won't have signal.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Message 3 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@DebbieCThe bars on your account need to be removed. You need to speak to customer service. Best time to call is 8am

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4