Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

renewal contract and no new phone!

approx a week ago i recieved a renewed contract with no permission asked, however I am willing to keep this contract but I feel I should be given a new contract phone with it! I am willing to pay for the phone if any extra cost is needed and possibly change the contract but I was wondered whether or not I have the right for this to happen???
Anonymous

Re: renewal contract and no new phone!

How long in months is this new renewal contratc then? ? ?
Are you sure its not just changed over to a monthly rolling contract?
Highlighted
Anonymous

its for 24 months,
and the old contract should have ended in july!
Topics: 25
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

approx a week ago i recieved a renewed contract with no permission asked, however I am willing to keep this contract but I feel I should be given a new contract phone with it! I am willing to pay for the phone if any extra cost is needed and possibly change the contract but I was wondered whether or not I have the right for this to happen???

If you read the T&C's you'll notice that once the minimum period is over, the contract continues on at the same tariff with 30 days notice. So in effect, you haven't renewed and as such there is no contract phone.
You will need to ring CS upgrades/retentions about a new phone which means signing up to a new contract term. Bear in mind that all new contracts have a new set of T&C's so you may lose out on certain things.
Though I am curious, you received confirmation of a new contract through the post without ringing CS? If so I'd double check your online account in case a fraud has been committed.