Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refused a sim card

brian2345
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just spent abut three hours - repeatedly filling in forms online then dealing with call staff (who were polite and apologetic) - but ultimataly refused a monthly sim contract - even after giving my driving licence details online too... I am a home owner, who runs a business and was applying for a monthly sim to replace my o2 pay and go phone but was ultimately told i did not pass the credit rating check... Never had any idea there could be anything wrong with my credit as nothing has ever flagged me in the past, never been to court, never had red letters etc... Just kind of baffled that o2 could turn someone down for a 20 pound monthly phone contract - anyone else had this kind of nonsense to deal with and if so what did they do about it - kind of amazed i am not a suitable member of society for a monthly contract having worked all my life and now in my late 60s run my own small business... Why would I be unsuitable - wasted a full night (only good thing was it saved me watching Coronation Street with the wife) - refused online then refused by customer services then got wife to try and get it for me (like i was a 18 year old kid) and she was refused to (okay it was the same joint account)... Any help would be appreciated?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Hmm that is certainly wierd. First home? Been there long?

Occasionally credit referral companies screw up and end up putting false info on your accounts. Your best bet would be to obtain a credit report from the company O2 uses too see if there's a mistake on there.

Annoyingly it happens more often than you'd think:(

I was also in the same situation as you years ago minus the wife and children haha. But I obtained a credit report and found some information contained was pertaining to companies claiming I was in arrears with them despite having no past dealings with me.

Anyone know the company O2 uses? If not ill find it and edit for you.

Hope this helps ease your mind a bit.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Hmm that is certainly wierd. First home? Been there long?

Occasionally credit referral companies screw up and end up putting false info on your accounts. Your best bet would be to obtain a credit report from the company O2 uses too see if there's a mistake on there.

Annoyingly it happens more often than you'd think:(

I was also in the same situation as you years ago minus the wife and children haha. But I obtained a credit report and found some information contained was pertaining to companies claiming I was in arrears with them despite having no past dealings with me.

Anyone know the company O2 uses? If not ill find it and edit for you.

Hope this helps ease your mind a bit.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Might be worth you doing a check of yourself on Experion or Equifax just in case something is flagged that you are not aware of....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Who ever knows why credit is turned down, you could take out a Pay and Go for about six months and apply again and you should get it ok.

Being on the Electoral Roll is critical.

As MI5 says get a copy of your credit file, I think it's £2.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 4