cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refurbed or repaired after 14 days

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know about this situation about repaired or refurbished handsets after 14 days? shorley not on when you pay for a brand new phone and then get given a refurbed unit within a month but you are still paying for the brand new phone. sure ofcom would have something to say about this as its not in 02's T&C

Message 1 of 51
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

If the OP were serious about getting this sorted out they would be pursuing the various ways and doing just that, arguing the toss here isn't going to get it done.

I can assure you that Trading Standards are well aware of how O2 do business and are unlikely to show much interest, especially as you don't seen to have used the O2 complaint process yet which is a pre-requisite to taking this any further.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 25 of 51
50 REPLIES 50

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

A replacement should be in "as new" condition so it shouldn't matter, they are certainly entitled to attempt a repair.

Even at a month old it's still a second hand phone.

Ofcom wouldn't be the people to ask as they are the telecommunications regulator.

This has been asked here hundreds of times and O2 really do understand the rules on how they operate.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 2 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok maybe not ofcom, sure there is some rules with consumer law?  accept its classed as an old phone but atleast i know how old it is. know idea how old a refurbed unit is, where its come from or whats been faulty prior. not happy due to being on our 3rd blackberry in 3 months to be told the 2nd was a refurb and so is our current one which has now broken £580 phone and refurbed cost less than half that but still paying for the new phone. if it cant be repaired should be given new unit?

Message 3 of 51

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

If you want to you can make a formal complaint to Trading Standards, there is nobody here who can make a decision on what O2 should have done, as we don't know all the circumstances and only one side of the story.

Message 4 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable

unfortunately been here before with a ongoing problem which was finally resolved from high up in complaints departmant.  think this will have to be taken back to them to resolve

Message 5 of 51

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

If you know the complaint procedure I'm not sure why you're asking here, let us know how you get on.

All you will get here at best is an opinion, not a judgement.

Message 6 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable

Last time it was on here how i got extra help which aided it to get higher up the ladder. came on here in the hope someone had gone through this and resolved as i cant believe im the only one with this issue. 02 to me are missleading their customers, if they cant repair a phone then under warranty then the phone should be replaced for new by the manufacturer. not replaced by 02 with refurbished unit

Message 7 of 51

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144193 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
You can have the phone looked at anywhere under warranty as long as they are approved repairers.
Most people prefer going directly to the manufacturer rather than O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 51

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Last time it was on here how i got extra help which aided it to get higher up the ladder. came on here in the hope someone had gone through this and resolved as i cant believe im the only one with this issue. 02 to me are missleading their customers, if they cant repair a phone then under warranty then the phone should be replaced for new by the manufacturer. not replaced by 02 with refurbished unit

Why are you so sure the manufacturer would replace with a new phone and not a refurb?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 51

Anonymous
Not applicable

trading standards state:  You are legally entitled to a refund, replacement or repair if goods do not conform to the contract, in other words are not of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose or as described. it is down to the consumer to decide what to accept not for 02 to give a refurbished unit

Message 10 of 51