cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reducing monthly cost

Anonymous
Not applicable

so I have an iphone 6 that I got in August last year, my contract is supposed to be 55.00 a month with ult mins and text and 20gb of data, but I do only pay £37.99 as I have a discount. Unfortuantely a huge family ...lets say financial crisis happened, and I've had to basically take over paying my parents mortage at 19 so we dont get kicked out of our house! Mimum wage full time job only stretches so far and I am left with virtually nothing at the end of the month, I am managing to pay my phone bill, but it's a struggle, I'm just wondering is there anyway of reducing costs? I do use my 20gb but if I had to cut it down I could, it would be worth it aha. Thanks for any help, just curious if I can I completely understand if I cant, I signed up for the contract I have to pay.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3671 Solutions

Sorry to hear of your plight @Anonymous, but unfortunately you've answered your own question. You can't downgrade with O2. Only upgrade. Following @adamtemp64's advice is a solution, but as you use your monthly data allowance, it doesn't sound as if it will really help your situation. Looks like you'll have to look for other cost cutting alternatives.:smileysad:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

The only way to reduce the costs would be to pay the device plan off and then change to sim only .

so one off payment required 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3671 Solutions

Sorry to hear of your plight @Anonymous, but unfortunately you've answered your own question. You can't downgrade with O2. Only upgrade. Following @adamtemp64's advice is a solution, but as you use your monthly data allowance, it doesn't sound as if it will really help your situation. Looks like you'll have to look for other cost cutting alternatives.:smileysad:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122796 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Completely away from the issue of downgrading phone tariff @Anonymous I notice you are paying your parents mortgage. That's a big commitment at 19. I wonder if they are aware they can take a 'mortgage holiday'?

Basically, this means by approaching their mortgage lender and discussing financial issues they may be allowed a few months respite from this monthly payment This does incur penalties later though. I don't want to move off topic too much and this is only a suggestion if it helps. Best of luck sorting things out

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 4