Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recycle

Rickywatson1977
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m looking at upgrading my contract and the offer tariff is labelled as a recycle offer. I’d rather give my phone to my son than recycling it through this service. My questions is do I have to recycle it through this plan as part of the online upgrade “recycle offer”, or can I just get the contract and not bother?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Rickywatson1977  If the phone you are upgrading to is part of an O2 recycle promotion then yes you would have to return the phone.

Just browse the shop and see if the same phone is available without the Recycle promotion.

Or call O2 and ask them how much the phone would be if you 'didn't have a phone to recycle'.

All numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Rickywatson1977
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Whatever tariff I customise from upgrading in my account it still offers the recycle thing (as a benefit), price stays the same overall. I'm assuming because of that trading my old phone in is optional. I've gotten nowhere with the O2 chat and I want my old phone to go to my son.

Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The recycle offer is entirely optional

Recycle prices are dependent on phone condition and they often reduce the offered price

Passing the phone to your son is your best option

Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Rickywatson1977Passing it on to your son is by far the best option.  Obviously from what you say, it's optional now.

A few months ago O2 ran a promotion on recycle where you were guaranteed a certain amount on your old phone if you chose a brand new Samsung phone. I wasn't sure from your first post, whether this was the same.

Good luck and welcome to the forum wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5