Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Reply
Posts: 3,560
Topics: 34
Kudos: 132
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 0
Registered: ‎09-02-2015

Re: recontracting team

Thank you all for making me feel a bit better. I wasn't expecting a reply and i really appreciate your understanding, Re O2, I think there's nothing worse than someone who makes you feel unworthy of their time. If i pluck up the courage to call again I'll let you know how i get on. If not, I'll go the sim free route and forego the shiny new phone which is my only real personal treat. But hey ho. Thanks again all <3 :-* x

giphy-3
Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: recontracting team

Another avenue would Be to visit your most local O2 HighStreet Store (if convenient), if you don't fancy ringing customer services.
Posts: 99,153
Topics: 765
Registered: ‎14-01-2013

Re: recontracting team


@Cairdeas wrote:

Thank you all for making me feel a bit better. I wasn't expecting a reply and i really appreciate your understanding, Re O2, I think there's nothing worse than someone who makes you feel unworthy of their time. If i pluck up the courage to call again I'll let you know how i get on. If not, I'll go the sim free route and forego the shiny new phone which is my only real personal treat. But hey ho. Thanks again all <3 :-* x


Please come back and let us know how you get on. You are always welcome.Smiley Wink

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: recontracting team

Does your £28 include the cost of a phone? If so then o2 may consider your tariff to be "cheap" but that depends on the individual.

Personally once I go past £25 a month I am questioning is value. Your custom is as good as any one else's and you have a right to respect whether you pay £9 per month or £69 per month.
Posts: 3,560
Topics: 34
Kudos: 132
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 0
Registered: ‎09-02-2015

Re: recontracting team

Thank you piperdog. You see that's the thing that annoyed me more than anything. She said that £28 pm would barely cover the cost of my phone (HTC One) implying that i basically had a free tariff. If she had let me talk I would have told her that I saved up and paid £250 upfront at the time and still took a 24 month contract @£28 pm. I don't think that is too bad for them. The more I'm thinking about what she said, the more I feel like leaving O2 altogether. What a terrible way to speak to their customers. I might save up for an M8 and go elsewhere for a sim contract. Nice one O2 Smiley Sad

giphy-3
Posts: 99,153
Topics: 765
Registered: ‎14-01-2013

Re: recontracting team

When I took out my S3 on contract with O2...I paid nothing for the phone and £30 a month. This covered unlimited calls and texts and 1GB of data...Now THAT was a good deal. Smiley Wink

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Posts: 84,058
Topics: 580
Solutions: 4,250
Registered: ‎04-01-2009

Re: recontracting team


@Cairdeas wrote:

@Thank you piperdog. You see that's the thing that annoyed me more than anything. She said that £28 pm would barely cover the cost of my phone (HTC One) implying that i basically had a free tariff. If she had let me talk I would have told her that I saved up and paid £250 upfront at the time and still took a 24 month contract @£28 pm. I don't think that is too bad for them. The more I'm thinking about what she said, the more I feel like leaving O2 altogether. What a terrible way to speak to their customers. I might save up for an M8 and go elsewhere for a sim contract. Nice one O2 Smiley Sad


That would be my choice in honesty. I've already moved one number to EE.

Posts: 3,560
Topics: 34
Kudos: 132
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 0
Registered: ‎09-02-2015

Re: recontracting team

That WAS a good deal Cleoriff..ah the good old days when O2 were awesome lol Smiley Happy

giphy-3
Posts: 99,153
Topics: 765
Registered: ‎14-01-2013

Re: recontracting team


@Cairdeas wrote:

That WAS a good deal Cleoriff..ah the good old days when O2 were awesome lol Smiley Happy


Thing is Nick, it shows what offers are available if you are prepared to shop around. I realise the OP may not be familiar with this.....but in fairness neither was I when I took the step from PAYG to contract.

I was also damn lucky (again) to get a brilliantly helpful advisor Smiley Wink

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Anonymous
Posts: 0

Re: recontracting team

Personally I won't ever buy a phone on contract now for that reason. I will aim to sim free handset and sim only deal worth discounts.

@Cairdeas paid £250 or over £10 per month equivalent so actually their contract was over £38 per month. Not so cheap now.

I maintain my view that whatever the contract, at full price for that deal o2 are making money. Respect costs nothing but is worth £ unlimited.