Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recontracting team

Cairdeas
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

How very patronising they are. I asked about any deals going to upgrade my phone. only to be told i shouldn't expect any discounts since I'm on a low tariff. I am a full-time carer and £28 pm is a lot of money to me . I understand but it's they way she spoke to me. So annoyed 😞 will look at sim only i think, if i stay at all

giphy-3
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Cairdeas
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thank you all for making me feel a bit better. I wasn't expecting a reply and i really appreciate your understanding, Re O2, I think there's nothing worse than someone who makes you feel unworthy of their time. If i pluck up the courage to call again I'll let you know how i get on. If not, I'll go the sim free route and forego the shiny new phone which is my only real personal treat. But hey ho. Thanks again all ❤️ 😘 x

giphy-3
Message 11 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Another avenue would Be to visit your most local O2 HighStreet Store (if convenient), if you don't fancy ringing customer services.
Message 12 of 22

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Cairdeas wrote:

Thank you all for making me feel a bit better. I wasn't expecting a reply and i really appreciate your understanding, Re O2, I think there's nothing worse than someone who makes you feel unworthy of their time. If i pluck up the courage to call again I'll let you know how i get on. If not, I'll go the sim free route and forego the shiny new phone which is my only real personal treat. But hey ho. Thanks again all ❤️ 😘 x

Please come back and let us know how you get on. You are always welcome.:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does your £28 include the cost of a phone? If so then o2 may consider your tariff to be "cheap" but that depends on the individual.

Personally once I go past £25 a month I am questioning is value. Your custom is as good as any one else's and you have a right to respect whether you pay £9 per month or £69 per month.
Message 14 of 22

Cairdeas
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thank you piperdog. You see that's the thing that annoyed me more than anything. She said that £28 pm would barely cover the cost of my phone (HTC One) implying that i basically had a free tariff. If she had let me talk I would have told her that I saved up and paid £250 upfront at the time and still took a 24 month contract @£28 pm. I don't think that is too bad for them. The more I'm thinking about what she said, the more I feel like leaving O2 altogether. What a terrible way to speak to their customers. I might save up for an M8 and go elsewhere for a sim contract. Nice one O2 😞

giphy-3
Message 15 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

When I took out my S3 on contract with O2...I paid nothing for the phone and £30 a month. This covered unlimited calls and texts and 1GB of data...Now THAT was a good deal. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 22

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cairdeas wrote:

@Thank you piperdog. You see that's the thing that annoyed me more than anything. She said that £28 pm would barely cover the cost of my phone (HTC One) implying that i basically had a free tariff. If she had let me talk I would have told her that I saved up and paid £250 upfront at the time and still took a 24 month contract @£28 pm. I don't think that is too bad for them. The more I'm thinking about what she said, the more I feel like leaving O2 altogether. What a terrible way to speak to their customers. I might save up for an M8 and go elsewhere for a sim contract. Nice one O2 😞

That would be my choice in honesty. I've already moved one number to EE.

Message 17 of 22

Cairdeas
  • 3570 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

That WAS a good deal Cleoriff..ah the good old days when O2 were awesome lol slight_smile

giphy-3
Message 18 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122364 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Cairdeas wrote:

That WAS a good deal Cleoriff..ah the good old days when O2 were awesome lol slight_smile

Thing is Nick, it shows what offers are available if you are prepared to shop around. I realise the OP may not be familiar with this.....but in fairness neither was I when I took the step from PAYG to contract.

I was also damn lucky (again) to get a brilliantly helpful advisor wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Personally I won't ever buy a phone on contract now for that reason. I will aim to sim free handset and sim only deal worth discounts.

@Cairdeas paid £250 or over £10 per month equivalent so actually their contract was over £38 per month. Not so cheap now.

I maintain my view that whatever the contract, at full price for that deal o2 are making money. Respect costs nothing but is worth £ unlimited.
Message 20 of 22