cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

received phone call from england to thailand

Anonymous
Not applicable

I received a phone call from england yesterday not a cold call all legal and above board, What i would like to know is why have i been charged fifteen pounds for receiving this call.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144065 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It costs £2.00 per minute to receive calls when in Thailand http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144065 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
It costs £2.00 per minute to receive calls when in Thailand http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122762 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

More info on charges here @Anonymous

Thai charges.JPG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

MercedesS
Former Staff
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous!

Please let us know if that’s what you needed! 

@jonsie is our community expert in Thailand!  sunrainbow so don't hesitate to ask him for further advice! 

Welcome to the O2 community! We hope to see you around Wave

Thanks a lot @Cleoriff and @MI5 for your amazing help heartHero

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Nothing to do but pay I'm afraid and lesson learned. If on contract and using TU over wifi then the call would have been free. Unless you were off seeing the real Thailand 🇹🇭 its pretty difficult to find any bar or hotel in any city or town that doesn't have free WiFi. But just sometimes.... you have to buy a cheap beer 🍻
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info now i know wont make that mistake again, 

Message 6 of 6