cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re signal going up and down or none at all?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I recently posted a question whether anyone had a problem with their signal going up and down dropping calls etc .

Just thought id update if you can call it that ! I spoke to someone on webchat last night ( absolute waste of time ) I was told last week that the engineers would visit the mast and contact me .

They havent got back to me at all so thought id try webchat for an answer.

The response i received was please dont leave 02 contact our network advisors by phone Hmm cant get through tried that one

I also told them that all my freinds on 02 re having the same problem in my area answer ooh we are sorry ???

Any ideas anyone as i notice 02 have stated that they have fixed the faults people were reporting Not in my area they havent

thanks really fed up now has anyone got an email address for 02 sorry cant find it

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi hmm interesting the fact yove been told varies things as i have by 02. I was told poor signal was due to sim being old , replaced it , then take sim out and clean and reinsert , then got aphone call asking could i get a signal outside . Answer makes no difference .unless you go a mile away . Also asked any new buildings gone up answer no ! have i moved answer no !

Informed engineers would be at site mast thuirsday last week didnt hear anything hence question yesterday as webchat was usueless and di survey informing them of that .

Strangely enough received a phone call yesterday afernoon to update me ? Hmm apparently engineers coul not access the mast as someone has erected a fence around it ( lol) They dont know who it belongs to ? They are going to get a cherry picker to access the mast as they know there is a fault and they will ring me Thursday to update me . I did tell them that I would be leaving 02 if they did not fix the problem and that all my freinds and family would also be leaving after 10 years of custom . It does seem that ther are so many problems with the serviice though I agree . Sorry you havent been able to get your issues resolved

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Crystaly.

I replied to your earlier posting and said that I have the same problem with varying 2G signal in my area - none, 1 bar, 2 bar, 3 bar, 2 bar, 1 bar, none, etc.

I spoke to O2 Customer Services about this and they told me that the signal meter on the phone was probably not particularly accurate and that the variation being displayed was simply the result of the phone searching for a signal.

The representative agreed with me that the Coverage Checker indicated good signal inside and out in my area and recommended that I move about my house to locate the best signal.  He said that the geography or buildings in my area might be such that the signal was being deflected or attenuated in some way.

My call to CS was the longest I had been able to make using O2 at my home address without the call dropping out or the person at the other end complaining that they couldn't hear what I was saying.  It is still difficult to make calls reliably at my home address using O2.

I was previously with Orange and there were no signal problems at my address, and other members of my family are on Vodafone, again generally with no problems.  It seems to be common knowledge that O2's 3G coverage is seriously deficient but my experiences (not just at my home address) and lots of adverse comments on the internet do suggest that O2's 2G network coverage has fallen well behind those of other providers.

I hope your problems are resolved and would be interested to hear what happens.  I have pretty much concluded that changing to O2 was a mistake and will be moving away at the end of my contract.

Incidentally, I live within the built-up area of Canterbury in Kent - not exactly the outback, is it?

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks very much 02 did contact me yesterday will update on next answer

regards

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi hmm interesting the fact yove been told varies things as i have by 02. I was told poor signal was due to sim being old , replaced it , then take sim out and clean and reinsert , then got aphone call asking could i get a signal outside . Answer makes no difference .unless you go a mile away . Also asked any new buildings gone up answer no ! have i moved answer no !

Informed engineers would be at site mast thuirsday last week didnt hear anything hence question yesterday as webchat was usueless and di survey informing them of that .

Strangely enough received a phone call yesterday afernoon to update me ? Hmm apparently engineers coul not access the mast as someone has erected a fence around it ( lol) They dont know who it belongs to ? They are going to get a cherry picker to access the mast as they know there is a fault and they will ring me Thursday to update me . I did tell them that I would be leaving 02 if they did not fix the problem and that all my freinds and family would also be leaving after 10 years of custom . It does seem that ther are so many problems with the serviice though I agree . Sorry you havent been able to get your issues resolved

Message 5 of 5